Accessing a DOS computer via a network

John R. Sowden jsowden at americansentry.net
Mon Aug 29 15:42:54 UTC 2016

I am not sure is this is sarcasm or reality.  I use the computers for a
24 hour per day business.  I have been using this network since about
1986.  The network OS is called Little Big Lan, using standard Ethernet
BNC connector cards.  It is a peer to peer Lan. I am not sure  what you
want a picture of:  The Ethernet cards, the coax, the original floppy
LBL disk, or the smile on my face due to its long term reliability.

Now, the network still works, but one of the computers died.  I moved
the HD to another computer (FreeDOS/4DOS only, no Windows). Plan on
setting it up with a minimal Linux (I use Xubuntu in my office on a
non-networked computer.  I am going to try to find a card newer card
with BNC and RJ-45, but I am concerned about the setup.

John