Upgrading to 16.04

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Wed Aug 24 13:27:03 UTC 2016

On Wed, 24 Aug 2016 23:11:18 +1000, Peter wrote:
>I obiously did not make myself clear. The mouse an keyboard which are
>part of the laptop also work in the VM machine. When I attach a
>printer to the laptops usb port the virtual machine does not appea
>able to see them, while they work in the host linux. If I attach ausb
>mouse or keyboard to the lap tops usb ports , these as well as the
>laptops mouse an key board also work in the virtual machine.

Liam and I already understood this by your first posting. Virtualbox
emulates some devices. Take a look at e.g.

  Virtualbox > Settings > System > Tab: Motherboard

you can chose

  Chipset

and you can chose

  Pointing device

Take a look at e.g.

  Virtualbox > Settings > Audio

you can chose an

  Audio controller

The chipset of your motherboard, the pointing device and audio device
could be completely different to the emulated motherboard/machine
devices.

Regards,
Ralf