Scanner no longer works with my AMD PC

David Fletcher dave at thefletchers.net
Sun Aug 21 19:39:41 UTC 2016

On Sat, 2016-08-20 at 11:57 -0400, Adam McClure wrote:

> But what don't you like about Ubuntu?

When gnome was re-written it became a lousy bloody awful mess to use on
my desktop and simply didn't work, period, on my netbook, which I am
using right now. The MATE version of Mint is just perfect on both.

Now that there is a desktop version of Ubuntu with MATE I might give
that a whirl when I have some spare time. Perhaps install it under
Virtualbox and give it full USB access for starters, see what happens.

Dave