Upgrading to 16.04

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Thu Aug 18 09:21:35 UTC 2016

On Thu, 18 Aug 2016 19:01:51 +1000, Peter wrote:
>My virtual box version is 5.0.24. This is the version wqhich  I
>downloaded from te Ubuntu repository after installing 16.04.
>
>I am not certain what I should be looking for in  the sources.list
>file. There are no files in the sources.list.d directory.

https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Linux_Downloads

They provide Ubuntu 16.04 ("Xenial") packages, so you don't need to
worry about dependencies. I don't know if there's a hook to
automatically run dkms. I didn't read the website, however, assumed you
need to run dkms manually, I can explain what you need to do, but first
try on your own.

Regards,
Ralf