Bus error for long-running calculations on remote ZFS file system (?)

Florian Oppermann florian.oppermann at itp.uni-hannover.de
Mon Apr 4 13:48:00 UTC 2016

On 04.04.2016 14:07, Petter Adsen wrote:
> What version of Ubuntu are you running? Are you using the zfs-native
> PPA?

Sorry for leaving that out. The server is running Ubuntu 14.04 (trusty),
the workstations either 12.04 or 14.04 (doesn’t matter for the problem).

> Are you using the zfs-native
> PPA? If so, I believe there are both stable and a more experimental
> version of that PPA, have you tried using the experimental (latest)
> packages?

We use the zfs-native stable version currently. I’m a bit afraid of
using an experimental software in something that’s at least partially in
production.

Would it be a good idea to wait for xenial with builtin ZFS support?

> I suggest you try asking on #zfsonlinux on Freenode, those people
> really know their stuff. You can also try #ubuntu-server, as a lot of
> the regular users there are using ZFS. Alternatively, try the ZoL
> mailing list if you are more comfortable with that.

Thank you, I’ll try that.

Best regards,
Florian