Looking for bookkeeping program that writes checks

Tony Baechler bats at batsupport.com
Tue Sep 29 08:24:43 UTC 2015

On 9/29/2015 12:58 AM, Tony Arnold wrote:
> Tony,
>
> You could take a look at GnuCash. A quick google suggests it can write
> cheques, but I've not tried that feature.

Yes, but is it simple to use?  I had two people try it and they both said
it's confusing, but I haven't used it.  Also, the package description does
not mention this feature.  It says it imports QIF files, but doesn't say if
it supports a really ancient version of Quicken or not.  I'm not ruling out
your suggestion, but I want to make sure it's either really simple to use or
similar enough to Quicken to avoid much of a learning curve.