System not running right

Scott Blair scott.blair at gmail.com
Tue Sep 22 20:21:21 UTC 2015

There were no errors on the memory test, let it run for a couple of hours.
here is the output:
scott at main:~⟫ sudo smartctl -t short /dev/sda
[sudo] password for scott:
smartctl 6.2 2013-07-26 r3841 [x86_64-linux-3.13.0-63-generic] (local build)
Copyright (C) 2002-13, Bruce Allen, Christian Franke, www.smartmontools.org

SMART Disabled. Use option -s with argument 'on' to enable it.
(override with '-T permissive' option)
scott at main:~⟫

I enabled smart on it before the reboot, it didn't stick, is that normal?

--
Thanks,

Scott Blair

USMC Defending your freedoms since 10 November 1775

Save on backup time "BackupDevice=Null"

If you don't stand behind our troops,
feel free to stand in front of them.