OT: Cannot log into bank account

silver.bullet at zoho.com silver.bullet at zoho.com
Wed Sep 16 12:26:23 UTC 2015

On Wed, 16 Sep 2015 14:06:18 +0200, Oliver Grawert wrote:
>you seem to completely discredit this ...

No, I do not. Indeed, I don't care about Mint, but I don't discredit
it. What I call "freakish" (since English isn't my native language it
might be the wrong term) is, that it's a distro that coquettes of being
an Ubuntu flavour and that seemingly doesn't provide the needed support
channels, the Mint users expect. Sure, there are no claims of being an
Ubuntu flavour, but a lot of users think it's like that. The problem
IMO is, that a lot of users chose it, because they like a flashy DE and
they expect the OOTB reliability of an Ubuntu flavour.

To explain that Mint is missing support channels or an experienced user
base on channels that might be provided, I don't know exactly what is
missing, but seemingly there is no good support ... long
sentence ;) ... to explain that support on an Ubuntu list is
less good, since Ubuntu has less to do with Mint, is not the same as
"discrediting" Mint.

It's discredit to claim that I discredit Mint or a Mint user.

I explained my intention and I explained that my English likely is
broken. We could discuss in German ;).

Again, I don't care about Mint, I just explained that Mint isn't an
Ubuntu flavour and that is simply the truth. And it's an important
truth, since supporting Mint on an Ubuntu mailing list easily could
confuse both, inexperienced Mint and Ubuntu users.

Regards,
Ralf