Gary J. Kirkpatrick garyartista at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 21:07:26 UTC 2015

On Thu, Oct 22, 2015 at 11:02 PM, Colin Law <clanlaw at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 22 October 2015 at 18:43, Gary J. Kirkpatrick <garyartista at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Sometimes my touchscreen does not work and a few other issues, so I
> thought
> > I'd load up an earlier kernel.  Ubuntu 14 is my only operating system so
> you
> > should be able to choose other kernels (I have at least 1 other
> installed)
> > by holding the shift key down.  Nada.
> >

> http://askubuntu.com/questions/87409/i-cant-get-grub-menu-to-show-up-during-boot
> >
> > There are some remedies here.  I wonder if anyone here has a suggestion.
>
> So which of those have you tried?  In particular what have you got in
> /etc/default/grub.  Maybe copy/paste it here.
>
> Colin
>

> > thanks
> >

> > garyk
> >
> > --
> > See my art website and blog Facebook   Prints
> >
> > --

-
Not tried any, looking for advice first.

# If you change this file, run 'update-grub' afterwards to update
# /boot/grub/grub.cfg.
# For full documentation of the options in this file, see:
#   info -f grub -n 'Simple configuration'

GRUB_DEFAULT=0
GRUB_HIDDEN_TIMEOUT=0
GRUB_HIDDEN_TIMEOUT_QUIET=true
GRUB_TIMEOUT=10
GRUB_DISTRIBUTOR=`lsb_release -i -s 2> /dev/null || echo Debian`
GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet splash"
GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX=""

# Uncomment to enable BadRAM filtering, modify to suit your needs
# This works with Linux (no patch required) and with any kernel that obtains
# the memory map information from GRUB (GNU Mach, kernel of FreeBSD ...)
#GRUB_BADRAM="0x01234567,0xfefefefe,0x89abcdef,0xefefefef"

# Uncomment to disable graphical terminal (grub-pc only)
#GRUB_TERMINAL=console

# The resolution used on graphical terminal
# note that you can use only modes which your graphic card supports via VBE
# you can see them in real GRUB with the command `vbeinfo'
#GRUB_GFXMODE=640x480

# Uncomment if you don't want GRUB to pass "root=UUID=xxx" parameter to
Linux
#GRUB_DISABLE_LINUX_UUID=true

# Uncomment to disable generation of recovery mode menu entries
#GRUB_DISABLE_RECOVERY="true"

# Uncomment to get a beep at grub start
#GRUB_INIT_TUNE="480 440 1"

garyk