Updating glib 2.22 or later on ubuntu 14.04 facing issues.

Petter Adsen petter at synth.no
Thu Oct 22 06:49:00 UTC 2015

On Thu, 22 Oct 2015 11:25:53 +0500
asad <a.alii85 at gmail.com> wrote:

> i tried following all installed but ./configure output is same
>
> sudo apt-get install libprotobuf-dev libprotoc-dev
> sudo apt-get install python-zmq
> sudo apt-get install python-protobuf.socketrpc

Why are you trying to build snarf instead of installing it from the
repos? If you need a different version, look for a PPA first. If you
can't find one, then read the documentation for the package you are
trying to build to find out what the dependencies are. You could also
install the build dependencies for the version in the repos, provided
they are the same as for the new version - the documentation will tell
you this.

And please stop top-posting, it makes everything hard to read and
follow.

Petter

> On 10/22/15, asad <a.alii85 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > hello,
> >
> > Here is the update, ./configure for snarf shows
> >
> > checking python module: zmq... no
> > checking python module: google.protobuf... no
> > configure: A suitable Python interpreter was found, but some Python
> > dependencies are missing..
> > checking for pkg-config... /usr/bin/pkg-config
> > checking pkg-config is at least version 0.16... yes
> > checking for GLIB - version >= 2.22.0... yes (version 2.40.2)
> > checking for LIBPROTOBUF_C... no
> > configure: error: A usable libprotobuf-c was not found.
> >
> > It says LIBPROTOBUF not installed, when infact I just got it installed
> > using "sudo apt-get install protobuf-c-compiler".
> >
> > Perhaps any issue with directory paths etc? Thanks.

> >> FWIW libglib isn't an executable and making it executable to run it
> >> doesn't work.
> >>
> >> The --version option isn't needed, but adding the -executable option
> >> seems to be a good idea.
> >>
> >> $(find /lib/*/ -executable -name "*libc.so*")|grep GLIBC
> >>
> >> I don't know what command to run, to get version output regarding
> >> libglib, other than using the package information.
> >>

> >> --

"I'm ionized"
"Are you sure?"
"I'm positive."