Updating glib 2.22 or later on ubuntu 14.04 facing issues.

Tony Baechler bats at batsupport.com
Wed Oct 21 11:27:02 UTC 2015

On 10/21/2015 3:52 AM, asad wrote:
> I'm installing 'libsnarf" which requires glib_ version 2.22 or later
>
> Im on ubuntu 14.04 with
> ldd --version
> Ubuntu EGLIBC 2.19-0ubuntu6.6) 2.19
>
> when I
>
>   sudo apt-get install libglib2.0-0 libglib2.0-d
>
> it says i already have the latest package ? What should i do? thanks.

Are you installing libsnarf from a PPA?  If you are only using the standard
Ubuntu repositories, this is a serious bug since it makes the package
impossible to install, but I find this very unlikely.  What do you have in
/etc/apt/sources.list and /etc/apt/sources.list.d?  Also, what is the exact
package name?  Ubuntu libraries always have numbers, like libsnarf1 unless
you're installing the development headers.  On my 14.04.3 system, there is
no such package when doing an apt-cache search.