hardware accelerated ASL entered Debian

silver.bullet at zoho.com silver.bullet at zoho.com
Fri Oct 16 15:27:05 UTC 2015

Assumed the OP should be interested in public relations, this are my 2
Cents how it IMO could be done on mailing lists.

To make new software known, there are announcement mailing lists, but
it's also common to announce on user and developer mailing lists too.
This shouldn't happen on distro's general user or developer mailing
lists, but usually is tolerated or welcome on specialized mailing
lists. For Linux audio e.g. on the Linux audio user and audio developer
mailing lists, even while the correct list would the be the related
announcement list nobody should be annoyed. If e.g. Ubuntu users or
developers get notice of audio software they consider as being useful,
on the Linux audio lists, they perhaps ask on the Ubuntu studio user or
developer list, if this software should be provided by a PPA or by
official repositories. There are likely channels for hardware
accelerated ASL interested users and developers too, resp. at least for
scientifical computer users and developers. I would consider to join
lists that are related to this domain. Most of us on this user and
general developer mailing lists likely bear little relation to much
specialized software. The best package maintainer for sure is the one
who uses the software she/he packages.

There are different issues regarding social media. A lot of us still
remember the daily invitations to become a friend of somebody on
LinkedIn a few years ago. The reputation of Facebook, LinkedIn and
other for many Linux and FreeBSD users isn't the best.

I don't know how Facebook, LinkedIn etc. work and what the voting is
good for, but Ubuntu and Arch are on Facebook too, so the best way to
get in contact with people who have Facebook accounts, would be on
Facebook.

Regards,
Ralf