Synaptic will not update /Fail to fetch

Colin Law clanlaw at gmail.com
Thu Oct 8 19:18:50 UTC 2015

On 8 October 2015 at 20:00, Richard Barmann <reb at barmannsbar.com> wrote:

> On 10/08/2015 02:48 PM, Colin Law wrote:
>>
>> On 8 October 2015 at 17:15, Richard Barmann <reb at barmannsbar.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> I am using Kubuntu 15.10. When I try to update Synaptic it fails to fetch
>>> ,
>>> W: Failed to fetch
>>>
>>> http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/main/l/linux/linux-image-4.2.0-15-generic_4.2.0-15.18_i386.deb
>>
>> Have you updated ok previously?  If so then don't worry, it is
>> probably a temporary problem with the server.  Try again a bit later
>> and it will likely be ok.
>>
>> Colin
>>
> I updated probably daily sometimes with 20 updates, sometimes with 145
> updates. The last time I tried to update I got an error which I did not
> write down but it was something about "org.kde.muonnotifier"
> Does that help?

Is it still failing? The deb quoted above downloads ok from here (UK)
when I paste it into the browser, so if that also fails for you it
sounds as if you may have an internet access problem.

You said in your first post "when I tried to update Synaptic".  I
don't actually know what you mean by that, but I assumed that you
meant when you tried to update the system.

Colin