Deleting Swap Partition

Ernest Doub hideserted at gmail.com
Sat Oct 3 19:29:36 UTC 2015

I've had my primary computer operating with the entire operating system
partition, including swap space, on a 32GB SSD for the better part of a
year without any problems.
Home partition is on a regular sata HD.
The only difference since the change over is the entire system is faster
because of the reduced access time for the ssd.
Since you only need a [by today's standards] small SSD for the operating
system partition the cost of the hardware is minimal for the gain in system
performance, particularly for older hardware.
ED
- - - -

- "Authority that can not be questioned is tyranny" - Sir Terry Pratchett

-  *Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and
conscientious stupidity.*   Martin Luther King Jr., Strength to Love, 1963

GNU Terry Pratchett