Deleting Swap Partition

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Sat Oct 3 15:16:00 UTC 2015

On 3 October 2015 at 02:49, inflatus <inflatus at gmail.com> wrote:
> Is having a swap partition an issue with SSD's? I do not hibernate my
> machine so that is not a reason to keep swap. I can backup my data and
> reinstall Ubuntu without the swap but that seems to be a bit of work for
> something may be a non-issue.

As others have said, your replies should go BELOW the text you're
responding to. Clock the grey 3 dots below the text in the email
you're answering (or press Ctrl+A) to expand the quoted text, and
reply underneath.

If you don't hibernate and don't need swap, sure, remove it and use
GParted from a live CD or live USB stick to resize your partition and
reclaim the space.

If you only very occasionally need swap space, use the ``swapspace''
script to enable an on-demand swap file.  Google for details. This is
how Mac OS X works.