Does Linux Mint Have a Live DVD?

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Tue Nov 24 13:42:24 UTC 2015

On 24 November 2015 at 14:30, Teo En Ming <teo.en.ming at gmail.com> wrote:
> Because I want to watch 4K videos
> while transferring data from my failing Toshiba 2 TB harddisk to my
> new Seagate 3 TB harddisk which is going to take a very long time,
> possibly days to a week or more.

Don't.

Seriously, do not do this. Do not even TRY to do this.

If you have a serious task of data recovery to do, then focus on it.
Do just that.

If you try to multitask this with watching videos off the machine
you're trying to recover data from -- to be honest one of the silliest
and most ridiculous ideas I have ever heard in 27 years in computer
support -- then all you will do is both *massively* reduce the chances
of successful data recovery and also have a very unhappy glitchy
video-watching experience.

Look up the "ddrescue" and "gddrescue" tools. Use a current Ubuntu
DVD. Do NOTHING ELSE with the computer while you are trying to recover
your data.

Then go read a book while it works!