Ubuntu 15.04 problems (Colin Law)

jimkvg at 3web.com jimkvg at 3web.com
Thu May 28 01:01:12 UTC 2015

> Message: 2
> Date: Wed, 27 May 2015 08:59:08 +0100
> From: Colin Law <clanlaw at gmail.com>
> To: "Ubuntu user technical support, not for general discussions"
>         <ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com>
> Subject: Re: Ubuntu 15.04 problems
>
> On 27 May 2015 at 04:14, Bob <ubuntu-qygzanxc at listemail.net> wrote:
>> I have run "systemd-analyze plot > plot.svg" on two partitions which
>> are on my
>> laptop.  The image viewer can display the plot on the partition that
>> seems to
>> boot normally but it cannot display the plot on the partition that is slow
>> booting.  The image viewer has a popup that requests to report the problem.
>> The good news is that Firefox can display both plots.
>>
>> I have looked at the plots but have a problem understanding what it
>> shows.  If
>> anyone could look at the output it is on drop box.
>>
>> The plot for the partition that boots normally is at
>> https://www.dropbox.com/s/ahg1xauez4bk4ln/plog1.svg?dl=0
>>
>> The plot for the partition that boots slowly is at
>> https://www.dropbox.com/s/bbcizpzom9yy3xb/plot2.svg?dl=0
>
> I am not an expert in those plots but it seems possible that the slow
> one is hanging when it tries to setup wifi.  Does one boot have wifi
> enabled and not the other?  If it is enabled in both is it setup
> differently in the two systems?
>
> Colin

Thank you Colin.
   There is no wifi system in my PC.  I have a wifi device in connection with modem router.  Does it interfere with the performance of the Ubuntu OS in the PC?  I am confused because the older version, 14:10 was working well.  That got me thinking about going back to the older version.  Anyway,
my PC has RAMemory which is 4gb,
 AMD Athlon II X3 440 processor X 3,
graphic is Gallium 0.4 on ATI RV530.
OS type 64-bit and
disk which is 122.3 GB ... part of 500 GB Disk.  Maybe I should try choose the older version in the other partition to see if it works ok when starting up the PC.  I'll keep you posted of what I am going to do.  Thank you for giving me some tips that could light up a bulb!
Jim