Anyone else having problems with Sound Converter 2.0.4 (Ubuntu 14.04)?

Johnny Rosenberg gurus.knugum at gmail.com
Tue May 19 16:17:14 UTC 2015

> Johnny Rosenberg wrote:
> > However, after some experimenting, I found that I only have problems
> > with 24-bit FLAC files. I tried a few 16-bit files and it worked. I
> > even converted the 24-bit one to 16-bit (with Sox), then I could
> > convert to MP3…
>
> If you are on the command line anyway, why don't you convert to mp3
> directly? If
>
> sox infile.flac outfile.mp3
>
> doesn't work, you may need to install "libsox-fmt-mp3".

Yes, I did that when I couldn't get SoundConverter to work, but that was
not my question. Just because there are other ways to do it doesn't mean
that it is OK if some applications are broken. If an application doesn't
work, and if nobody will ever fix it, it should be removed, that's at least
my opinion.

The reason I asked was to find out if something in my system is broken or
SoundConverter itself. If SoundConverter, I would probably file a bug
report. I just don't want to file a bug report for one application if
something else is broken on my system…