Installing 15.04 beta - almost successful...

Petter Adsen petter at synth.no
Tue Mar 17 12:18:42 UTC 2015

I've been messing with this on and off for a little while now, and I'm
stumped.

As detailed in an earlier post, I tried to run the upgrade from 14.10
to 15.04, but the machine wouldn't boot afterwards, so I had to
reinstall 14.10. I then downloaded the latest daily (yesterday), and
booted from it today. Everything seemed fine. I ran it from the live
image for a while, and had no problems, so I installed it, but on a
separate disk from 14.10, just in case.

The install did it's job, I rebooted, entered the grub menu, and made
sure it booted from the right disk - and then it hung. Then I rebooted
into 14.10 and mounted the disk. There's not much in /var/log, but I'm
attaching boot.log - the only file that seems to have been touched upon
boot. As far as I can see, there's nothing suspicious in it, but it's
all I have as far as logs go.

Does the installer work with a different kernel from what gets
installed, since the installer runs fine, but the resulting install
doesn't? As far as I can see from boot.log everything appears normal,
but dmesg is empty.

Is there anything I can try to fix this? Any ideas would be very
welcome, as I'd really like to get 15.04 up and running.

TIA,

Petter

--
"I'm ionized"