systemd, timedatectl

Tom H tomh0665 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 30 10:16:13 UTC 2015

On Wed, Jul 29, 2015 at 10:22 AM, <silver.bullet at zoho.com> wrote:

> a minimal Ubuntu Wily Werewolf (development branch) from the server
> ISO does cause a few issues. After using a clean systemd for around 2 or
> 3 years by an Arch Linux install, I now puzzle over Ubuntu's slightly
> inconsistent hybrid systemd.
>
> Is there any documentation about the mix of init.d scripts and systemd
> units?
>
> One thing that puzzles me is that timedatectl RTC in local TZ
> and /etc/default/rcS no UTC don't take effect.

I don't see "/etc/default/rcS" being sourced by systemd-timedated.service.

So it'll work like a "non-hybrid" systemd system, via "timedatectl
set-local-rtc [0|1]", which will create/edit "/etc/adjtime".

I don't know where there's specific init.d-in-systemd documentation on
the web but I'd start by looking at the systemd-sysv-generator and
systemd.generator man pages.