Motherboard recommendations for running Ubuntu?

Kevin O'Gorman kogorman at gmail.com
Fri Jul 17 15:04:09 UTC 2015

snd_hda_intel is loaded, but so are snd_hda_codec, snd_hda_codec_realtek,
snd_codec_hdmi, snd_hwdep, snd_pcm, snd_seq_midi, snd_seq_midi_event,
snd_rawmidi, snd_seq_device and snd_timer.  How can I figure out what's
what in that mess???

Well, I'm going to try a fresh install of 14.04 since sound works in the
live disk.  Hopefully, either it will continue to work, or I can track down
what kills it.  I do install a hundred or so packages beyond the bare
install, and have a script to do it with so I do the same thing every
time.  I'll come back if there's a problem.