Odd laptop behavior when external video port engaged

MR ZenWiz mrzenwiz at gmail.com
Thu Jul 16 19:01:13 UTC 2015

On Wed, Jul 15, 2015 at 10:58 AM, MR ZenWiz <mrzenwiz at gmail.com> wrote:
:

> 2. Any idea what those oddball timeouts were?  I poked in the logs and
> saw nothing of any use.  I can post them later if there is any value
> to that.

I thought I had some, but they're not in the syslog or dmesg.

It's something like MEI_ME: timer connect/disconnect error or failure
or along those lines.  They show up on the consoles and the GUI never
comes back.

I did some poking around and found references to using noapic and/or
noacpi, which seem like extreme measures for what else they do.

I also noticed that I was running the nvidia 304 driver, so I updated
that to 331 and hope for the best.

Anything I missed?

Thanks.
MR