Yahoo POP download broken?

David Fletcher dave at thefletchers.net
Sat Jul 4 15:57:37 UTC 2015

Is anybody else having this issue please?

I have a home server running 14.04 since before Christmas. There is a
yahoo email address which I use for one specific purpose only, that I
use getmail, started at intervals by cron, to download from, filter with
procmail, and put surviving messages into my mailbox on the server.

The configuration has, as I said above, been working perfectly until a
few days ago, when for each message in the box I started getting:-

Retrieval error: server for
SimplePOP3SSLRetriever:MyYahooName at pop.mail.yahoo.com:995 is broken;
offered message AGRVfbwAADc5VZVj1Qro+LdRu-A but failed to provide it.
Please notify the administrator of the server.  Skipping message...

which is getting a bit annoying. I've tried sending messages to "the
administrator of the server" at three different addresses which have of
course all been ignored as far as I can tell, and tried to find the on
line help person which is rumoured to exist but is invisible to me.

My getmail config is:-
[options]
delete = True

[retriever]
type = SimplePOP3SSLRetriever
server = pop.mail.yahoo.com
username = MyYahooName
password = MyYahooPasscode

[destination]
type = MDA_external
path = /usr/bin/procmail
arguments = ("-f", "%(sender)", "-m", "/home/dave/.procmailrc")
user = dave