Sharing an external drive

Scott Blair scott.blair at gmail.com
Wed Jan 28 02:50:48 UTC 2015

I am running Ubuntu 14.04. I am trying to share a directory on an
external drive on my network. All the other computers are Windows
computers. The network is work-group. I have Samba installed. I have
added force user = scott in it. I still get permission denied. The
external drive is formatted ntfs according to Gparted. I have been
working on this for 2 days now and I am getting nowhere with it.
According to properties, the owner is Me the group is scott. This drive
is automatically mounted when I boot up.

--

Scott Blair

Save on back up time BackupDevice=Null