Freezing system

Scott Blair scott.blair at gmail.com
Thu Jan 22 06:22:10 UTC 2015

I am running Ubuntu 14.04. I have all the updates that have been issued.
Sometimes my system will freeze rendering the keyboard useless. However
the mouse still works. But clicking on anything doesn't work. But today when
it froze, while I was watching an imbedded video, I could click on the
status
bar and hear that it changed places, even though the status bar icon did not
move. While the video was frozen, the audio was still working. My CPU
status,
net status and clock even stops, I have the clock showing seconds to make
sure it froze up.

I write down the times it freezes and look at the syslog file, but to my
untrained eye, I don't see anything. I have yet to find, in the syslog
file, the
time that it froze up. Am I looking in the right place? Should I be
looking at
other logs? Any idea on what to look for?

--

Scott Blair

Save on backup time BackupDevice=null