MMS radio streams DO play on VLC, but apparently NOT on Clementine.

Bas G. Roufs basroufs at gmail.com
Fri Jan 2 18:31:16 UTC 2015

Hello Colin & Everybody,

> You can install plugins alongside.  Probably a good idea to install
> the good and the ugly variants for 0.10 also.

Taking into account this advise, I have installed everything from 0.10 and 1.0.:

sudo apt-get install gstreamer0.10*

sudo apt-get install gstreamer1.0*

Apparently, I am moving now in the right direction. Now, Clementine does try to start playing
Vatican Radio - the mms-station I am dealing with. It also mentions the right name of the station.
However, after about 30 seconds, I get the following feed-back:

> Your GStreamer installation is missing a plug-in.

That's why, I have launched Clementine via a terminal, with a view to getting more info. In the
terminal, I get the following feedback:

> bas at Viaconsensus-camino:~$ clementine
> bas at Viaconsensus-camino:~$ kdesudo clementine
> Bus::open: Can not get ibus-daemon's address.
> IBusInputContext::createInputContext: no connection to ibus-daemon
> 19:13:15.510 WARN  unknown                          QxtGlobalShortcut failed
> to register: "Media Next" 19:13:15.511 WARN  unknown
>   QxtGlobalShortcut failed to register: "Media Play" 19:13:15.511 WARN
> unknown                          QxtGlobalShortcut failed to register:
> "Media Previous" 19:13:15.512 WARN  unknown
> QxtGlobalShortcut failed to register: "Media Stop" 19:13:19.825 WARN
> unknown                          "sni-qt/2370" WARN  19:13:19.824 void
> StatusNotifierItemFactory::connectToSnw() Invalid interface to SNW_SERVICE
> QInotifyFileSystemWatcherEngine::addPaths: inotify_add_watch failed: No
> such file or directory 19:13:20.201 WARN  unknown
> QFileSystemWatcher: failed to add paths: /root/.config/ibus/bus
> 19:13:20.202 WARN  unknown                          Bus::open: Can not get
> ibus-daemon's address. 19:13:20.204 DEBUG unknown
> IBusInputContext::createInputContext: no connection to ibus-daemon
>
> (gst-plugin-scanner:2397): GStreamer-WARNING **: Failed to load plugin
> '/usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstaudiodelay.so':
> /usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstaudiodelay.so: undefined symbol:
> gst_base_transform_set_gap_aware
>
> (gst-plugin-scanner:2397): GStreamer-WARNING **: Failed to load plugin
> '/usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstbml.so':
> /usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstbml.so: undefined symbol:
> gst_base_src_set_format
>
> (gst-plugin-scanner:2397): GStreamer-WARNING **: Failed to load plugin
> '/usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstsimsyn.so':
> /usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstsimsyn.so: undefined symbol:
> gst_controller_sync_values Connecting to deprecated signal
> QDBusConnectionInterface::serviceOwnerChanged(QString,QString,QString)
> QDBusConnection: session D-Bus connection created before QCoreApplication.
> Application may misbehave. QDBusConnection: session D-Bus connection
> created before QCoreApplication. Application may misbehave. kbuildsycoca4
> running...
> 19:16:20.023 WARN  unknown                          Object::connect: No such
> signal org::freedesktop::UPower::DeviceAdded(QDBusObjectPath) 19:16:20.024
> WARN  unknown                          Object::connect: No such signal
> org::freedesktop::UPower::DeviceRemoved(QDBusObjectPath) Object::connect:
> No such signal org::freedesktop::UPower::DeviceAdded(QDBusObjectPath)
> Object::connect: No such signal
> org::freedesktop::UPower::DeviceRemoved(QDBusObjectPath) 19:17:19.040 WARN
> unknown                          QTimeLine::start: already running

Taking into account the above feedback:
what exactly is the problem and how to remedy it?

> By the way, if you were to post in plain text (which is preferred for
> this list) rather than html your quoted replies would not be so poorly
> formatted.

Now,  I am writing in a text mode. Is it better like this?

Respectfully Yours,
Bas G. Roufs.

Bas G. Roufs
Utrecht, NL, EU.