port 5060, was Re: [OT] router ports & DMZ

thufir hawat.thufir at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 06:37:30 UTC 2015

On Tue, 17 Feb 2015 17:52:12 +0000, Colin Law wrote:

> If they are all 192.168.1.x then they are all on the same subnet and
> should be able to communicate directly without any port forwarding. But
> a few lines earlier you said that tleilax is 192.168.2 but I assume you
> mean 192.168.1.2

Sorry, yes; exactly.

Hmm, so what you're saying, and Patrick said it as well:

"The router only closes ports from WAN to LAN."

Because they're all onn the same subnet, port forwarding shouldn't be an
issue; all the ports should be open.  Is it possible to confirm that with
nmap?  I'm googling on that.

If it's not the router, then I'm somewhat at a loss.  I'll start a
different thread on SIP then. I might install Asterisk locally.

Thufir