Screen input locked out

Bob ubuntu-qygzanxc at listemail.net
Wed Feb 4 07:01:28 UTC 2015

I am running Ubuntu 14.10 using Unity.

I can not do any screen operations.  The mouse cursor moves but the mouse
buttons do nothing.  I have tried several keyboard keys without any noticeable
change.  I know that at least two programs are running because I can see the
disk activity lights flash.  Is there a way to reset the screen drivers without
turning off the power or pressing the reset button?

After I get the system where it will respond what log files will have some
information relating to my current problem?

--
Robert Blair