Antivirus on the Linux desktop (was ClamAv oddity)

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Fri Dec 11 15:37:05 UTC 2015

On 11 December 2015 at 16:19, John Hupp <ubuntu at prpcompany.com> wrote:
> All-in-all, not a pretty state of affairs for resident A/V on the Linux
> desktop.  (Though there are some better solutions for Linux servers.)  I'd
> be happy to find that someone has done a new survey and found better
> developments.  I'd even be happy to find that I'd drawn the wrong
> conclusions!

True, but there's a reason for this, which is that the security
threats which do affect Linux are not viruses, so antivirus really is
not much help. Much the same applies to Mac OS X, although a resident
scanner can help a little against Trojans, which are more of a problem
on Macs.

--
Liam  Proven • Profile: http://lproven.livejournal.com/profile