grub---problem

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Wed Dec 2 10:55:49 UTC 2015

On Wed, 2 Dec 2015 11:28:52 +0100, Petter Adsen wrote:
>> This does mean that no device sda is available, you can check it by
>> running
>>   ls /dev/sd*
>
>Or lsblk - much nicer ;)

I agree :), lsblk didn't cross my mind. Anyway, if for some reason a
command doesn't enter somebodies mind, it's good to be aware that Linux
treats hardware devices as files, located in /dev/.

I guess it's worth to mention that typing
 ls
and then two times pushing the tab-key, does list all available ls*
commands and typing the   command_name --help  , displays a short
description.