KDE/Kubuntu on Xubuntu

Petter Adsen petter at synth.no
Fri Apr 17 09:12:30 UTC 2015

I'm running Xubuntu 15.04 on my desktop, but I was wondering about
taking a look at the new KDE, to see how it is. I haven't seen KDE in
many, many years, as I firmly hated it the last time, but that is so
long ago that it would be unfair of me to base my opinion of it on how
it was then.

What is recommended to install when you are running a different Ubuntu
spin? I have a sneaking suspicion that the kubuntu-* packages could
possibly replace things that are in my Xubuntu installation?

Simply put, there is no "kde-desktop"-package, so what should I install
to get a decent selection of the KDE universe?

(Bonus points if removal is a simple apt-get purge <package>, followed
by an autoremove if I still hate it :)

Petter

--
"I'm ionized"