new monitor --> bad fonts?

blind Pete 0123peter at gmail.com
Tue Sep 30 07:48:26 UTC 2014

thufir wrote:

> On Sun, 28 Sep 2014 19:47:18 +1000, Karl Auer wrote:
>

>> I'm sure you have considered this possibility, but anyway: Lower
>> resolutions make everything look chunkier than in higher resolutions. If
>> you are slumming it at 1280x1024 after getting used to something
>> significantly better, you may just be the victim of your own refined
>> tastes
>
> Maybe it's the opposite!  The old monitor was 15', this one is 17'.  I
> downgraded the resolution from 1280x1024 to 1064x768.  Maybe I'm just
> going blind.
>
> I dunno, it doesn't look chunkier, it looks smoother and easier to read...
>
> -Thufir

Is it the SIZE of the text that is worrying you?  There are an alarming
number of places where sizes can be misconfigured.  If it is just the
size of the fonts used for rendering web pages, then try
one page) with some similar key combination.

There are lots of things to try, if you want.

--
blind Pete
Sig goes here...