Android tablet question

Nathan Dorfman na at rtfm.net
Mon Sep 29 21:46:29 UTC 2014

Hi Phil,

Hopefully someone else will be able to provide a more
detailed/knowledgeable answer, but first, I'm pretty sure that the
Network view in ES File Explorer only shows Windows services, not all
IP hosts in general. So a Linux system would only show up there if
you've set it up to serve something via Samba, I think.

You could try verifying this directly by using the (free) Android app
LANdroid to ping the other hosts directly from your phone.

Assuming that's the case, you could set up a Windows file share on the
Ubuntu laptops by using Samba if you wish -- it should just work.
Alternatively, if you just want to copy some files occasionally, I
personally use the (free!) Android app VX ConnectBot, which is an
ssh/scp client.

Hope this helps.

-nd.