Upgrading to 14.04 gives problems II

J.L. Blom joep at neuroweave.nl
Sun Sep 21 21:18:10 UTC 2014

On 21/09/14 16:50, Colin Law wrote:
> On 21 September 2014 15:19, J.L. Blom <joep at neuroweave.nl> wrote:
> I think we are getting to the core of the issue. What do you get for
> apt-cache policy openjdk-7-jre-headless apt-cache policy liblcms2-2
> and, if that shows that liblcms2-2 is not installed sudo apt-get
> install liblcms2-
Colin

Colin,
Just came back home, after I had written my mail I got a call to replace
somebody. Just had time to eat.
But I followed your advice and I think we come to the heart of the
matter, i.e. the wrong package for liblcms2-2, as the following indicates:
joep at laguna:~/Documenten/Databases$ apt-cache policy openjdk-7-jre-headless
openjdk-7-jre-headless:
   Installed: 7u65-2.5.2-3~14.04
   Candidate: 7u65-2.5.2-3~14.04
   Version table:
  *** 7u65-2.5.2-3~14.04 0
         500 http://nl.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ trusty-updates/main
amd64 Packages
         500 http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ trusty-security/main
amd64 Packages
         100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
      7u51-2.4.6-1ubuntu4 0
         500 http://nl.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ trusty/main amd64 Packages
joep at laguna:~/Documenten/Databases$
joep at laguna:~/Documenten/Databases$ apt-cache policy liblcms2-2
liblcms2-2:
*  Installed: 2.6-3ubuntu1~precise1**
**  Candidate: 2.6-3ubuntu1~precise1*
   Version table:
  *** 2.6-3ubuntu1~precise1 0
         100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
      2.5-0ubuntu4 0
         500 http://nl.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ trusty/main amd64 Packages
The liblcms2-2 is apparently the old precise one. SO I assume I have to
remove that library and install the trusty one or could I just
re-install that library?
Joep