Upgrading to 14.04 gives problems II

MR ZenWiz mrzenwiz at gmail.com
Sun Sep 14 23:00:18 UTC 2014

On Sun, Sep 14, 2014 at 9:10 AM, J.L. Blom <joep at neuroweave.nl> wrote:
:

> Colin, Just returned home and found your mail and the one of of Samual
> Romero.
> I´ll  start answering Samuel´s and your last mail first.
> Yes I have nvidia drivers but my drivers are of the 304 series (much older).

I had some problems with the 304 driver after upgrading to 14.04.1.
Someone suggested I look up my nVidia card at their site and see what
the latest driver for it was.  It turns out that nVidia had released a
newer driver for my card, and I have had almost no troubles with it
since upgrading.

Here is the site where I found what I needed, including step-by-step
instructions that worked for me:
http://www.binarytides.com/install-nvidia-drivers-ubuntu-14-04/

HTH,
MR