upgrading 12.04 to 14.04 gives many problems

Colin Law clanlaw at gmail.com
Wed Sep 10 11:08:14 UTC 2014

On 10 September 2014 11:04, J.L. Blom <joep at neuroweave.nl> wrote:
>  wine : Depends: wine1.6 but it is not going to be installed or
>                  wine1.7 but it is not going to be installed

I asked if you had read one of my previous emails and you said yes,
but you still have not responded to those suggestions, I will repeat
them.

First in synaptic click Installed on the left and enter wine in the
search box.  If there are any wine related packages then uninstall
them and try the install again.

If there were none installed or it still says it needs wine1.6 (or
1.7) but cannot install them but does not say why, what happens if you
try to install wine1.6?
sudo apt-get install wine1.6

It is difficult to help if you do not respond to our suggestions.

Colin