VirtualBox

David Fletcher dave at thefletchers.net
Tue Oct 21 07:08:56 UTC 2014

On Mon, 2014-10-20 at 21:14 +0100, Colin Law wrote:
> Are you sure that your experience installing it from a different
> source on a different operating system is going to help?  I fear it
> might just throw more confusion into the already tortuous thread.  In
> particular it might be better to start a new thread in order to get
> advice for yourself on installing it in Mint.
>
> Colin

I don't want to go getting involved in what as you say has become a
tortuous thread, just make it clear that this file:-

virtualbox-4.3_4.3.16-95972~Ubuntu~raring_amd64.deb

is the one I used to install to Mint 17. I use gdebi to install .deb
files such as these that I've downloaded because it appears to be
excellent at resolving and installing dependencies.

I've been installing Virtualbox in this way for ages now on Kubuntu,
Ubuntu and Mint, and it appears to have caused no problems on any of the
systems I've used it on.

Dave

--

Lisa Simpson:- "They must have programmed it to eliminate the
competition."