Backups

Cindy-Sue Causey butterflybytes at gmail.com
Fri Oct 17 02:22:21 UTC 2014

On 10/16/14, Nick T. <nick at nickscode.com> wrote:
> Ubuntu has Deja Dup built in, go to system settings and click backups at
> the bottom left
>
> Or if you like using the command line you can use rsync to sync your
> files with a backup directory.

You're getting some great answers here. I use rsync after really only
trying dd alternatively. I have both cognitive (comprehension) and
memory loss issues, and somehow rsync is working where others tend to
confuse me more.

Rsync also successfully copied Ubuntu from one hard drive to another
WHILE Ubuntu was in use. Am working from that copy right now. There
was nothing to it once I got the hang of how to exclude all
unnecessary files and how to declare the source and target
directories. :)

Cindy

--
Cindy-Sue Causey