Filter incoming mail from lists with mailfilter

Toby ubuntu at debman.se
Tue Nov 4 12:37:36 UTC 2014

Hi,

I got problems with my .mailfilter (maildrop) config. The sorting of
incoming emails from different Ubuntu mailing lists fails.

Here is a snippet:

# Debian mailing lists
if (/^X-Mailing-List: <debian-announce at lists.debian.org>/)
         to "$HOME/Maildir/.Linux.Debian.Announce"

         to "$HOME/Maildir/.Linux.Debian.News"

         to "$HOME/Maildir/.Linux.Debian.User"

# Ubuntu mailing lists
if (/^X-BeenThere: ubuntu-server at lists.ubuntu.com>/)
         to "$HOME/Maildir/.Linux.Ubuntu.Server"

if (/^X-BeenThere: ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com>/)
         to "$HOME/Maildir/.Linux.Ubuntu.User"

I've had the Debian entry's for years and they still work. I recently
signed up for the Ubuntu lists and it fails. All emails from Ubuntu
lists ends up i the standard Inbox.

The "X-Mailing-List" header is missing from the Ubuntu lists and it
seems "X-BeenThere" does not work. Anyone got a hint for me?

Thanks!

BR
Toby