upgrade from 13.10 to 14.04 - php now not working

Wes James comptekki at gmail.com
Wed May 28 17:15:49 UTC 2014

I upgraded a system from 13.10 to 14.04 and now php is not working.  When
going to the web site all see is Index of / and the page like you would see
when doing a directory list, but it is blank (no files listed - just the
apache version, etc.).  I've looked in the logs and have checked the apache
conf files and it looks the php module is set to load, but the index.php is
not loading.  I ran php index.php on the command line and that spits out
the html for that page.  Any other ideas to look at?

Thanks,

-wes