ZTE MF730M 3g Mobile Internet

Graham Watkins shellycat.gw at ntlworld.com
Sat May 17 10:37:25 UTC 2014

Hello Folks,

I have an oldish Acer Aspire One which I intend giving to my mum. I've
installed Xubuntu 14.04 on it and I want her to have access to the
internet so I am looking at also giving her a ZTE MF730M 3g pay as you
go dongle.

As I've never used anything like this on my own system so I'd be
grateful if anyone out there could tell me if this works OK on a linux
system and whether there is anything I need to know about setting it up.
I've done a bit of googling and it seems that mobile devices can be set
up in network manager and there is also something called Sakis3g which
some recommend for this.

Any info that can be provided would be appreciated as I want to hand my
non-technical mum an internet ready machine.

Cheers,

Graham