Re: Nautilus ”Extra panel”

Johnny Rosenberg gurus.knugum at gmail.com
Fri Jun 27 21:08:12 UTC 2014

> On 26 June 2014 23:12, Johnny Rosenberg <gurus.knugum at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I installed 14.04 today, I'm used to 12.04 until now. One of the first
> > things I did after installation was to open Nautilus, and since I wanted
> > study two different folders at the same time I hit F3 to bring out the
> extra
> > panel, but nothing happened. Is there a setting somewhere I need to
> change
> > to enable it?
>
> That has been replaced by tabs.  Ctrl T or File > New Tab
>
> Not as convenient in my opinion but better than the situation until
> recently when the split pane had disappeared but there were no tabs
> either.

I have a laptop with 12.04. Its Nautilus has the split panels AND tabs. I
like and use both. Sometimes several tabs in each panel.

If I could still have the "tree" in the left panel I wouldn't suffer too
much, but that one is gone too! Nautilus is almost unusable now. What are
they thinking? I would understand if they hide some features, but remove
them? Why would that be a good thing?

Okay, sound like I'm wining now, but maybe there are reasons for it… :P

Johnny Rosenberg