Suspend not working after upgrade to 14.04

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Fri Jun 27 14:18:11 UTC 2014

On 27 June 2014 15:19, Adam Funk <a24061 at ducksburg.com> wrote:
> So it seems to me
> that the combination of new (i.e., 14.04) kernels & the new nouveau
> doesn't work on my system, but the combination of the old kernel & the
> new nouveau does.  Weird.

I agree. Unfortunately stuff like that does happen sometimes. I also
note that, AFAIK, dual-GPU laptops are still not well-supported under
any FOSS operating system. :¬(

Personally, I'd advise the nVidia drivers and trying to sort out Minecraft.

AIUI Minecraft is a Java app. What JVM are you using? There are 3 main
ones for Ubuntu. Switching that might well get Minecraft working, and
if that's all that's keeping you on Nouveau, then bob's your uncle.

--
Liam Proven * Profile: http://lproven.livejournal.com/profile
Email: lproven at cix.co.uk * GMail/G+/Twitter/Flickr/Facebook: lproven