Ubuntu - Latest version14.04

Colin Law clanlaw at gmail.com
Wed Jun 11 16:33:41 UTC 2014

On 11 June 2014 17:17, Tommy Trussell <tommy.trussell at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have been waiting for 14.04.1 to upgrade my office computer from 12.04. I
> might anticipate some strange problems with my old Dell desktop's ancient
> video (likely, actually; in 12.04 I have to force it to use Unity 2D) but
> based on my testing I don't expect any other serious issues.

If you had to use Unity 2D on 12.04 because the graphics h/w did not
support 3D then you may not be able to run Unity in 14.04 (2D is no
longer available).  Check by booting from a live CD before upgrading.
You may find that you will need to use one of the other UIs on that
machine if you want to upgrade.

Colin