tar error unrecoverable?

Colin Law clanlaw at gmail.com
Sat Jan 25 09:40:00 UTC 2014

On 24 January 2014 23:39, Curt Tresenriter <ctres at grics.net> wrote:

> I then tried to copy it back to the disc it was on originally when it
> threw another IO error.
>
> If that isn't clear, I'm really not sure what I'm missing.

Possible meanings:
1. I then tried to copy it back to the original disc (that is the disc
that the file was on when it threw the error).
2. I then tried to copy it back to the original disc and during the
copy it threw an IO error reading the file.
3. I then tried to copy it back to the original disc and during the
copy it threw an IO error writing the file.
4. I then successfully copied it back to the original disc and when I
tried to unpack the new copy it threw an IO error.

Colin