Ubuntu 13.10 - Internal compiler error after several compiler calls

Maximilian Matthe maxi.matthe at googlemail.com
Sun Jan 5 11:25:04 UTC 2014

Hi guys,

I'm using Xubuntu 13.10 64bit and the following problem arises:

When I compile some larger application (the bug appears with any code)
several times (since I changed some code), after some compiler runs my g+
+ produces lots of internal compiler errors like the following:

/usr/include/boost/python/object/make_instance.hpp:67:5: internal
compiler error: Segmentation fault
     }
     ^
Please submit a full bug report,
See <file:///usr/share/doc/gcc-4.8/README.Bugs> for instructions.
The bug is not reproducible, so it is likely a hardware or OS problem.

Sometimes the compiler can compile the same code, sometimes not. The
errors always appears at different code locations. Also, it appears to me
that the error appears more often, when the PC has compiled a lot before.
Then only a restart helps and the compiling works again, until the
internal errors appear again.

Furthermore, I have the impression, that the internal errors occur
earlier, when a VirtualBox instance is running in parallel.

What information is needed to find the reason for this bug?

Thanks for your help,
Max