Can't adjust launcher icon size

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Thu Feb 6 14:52:20 UTC 2014

On 6 February 2014 14:44, Colin Law <clanlaw at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have realised this is not the problem I thought it was, the problem
> is actually that it is defaulting to Unity-2D whereas it was using 3D,
> and now that is not possible, likely due to an update to fglrx (ATI
> graphics).  It seems I will have to wait for a fix to that.
>
> Thanks to those that replied.

FWIW, 12.04-0 was the last version of Ubuntu that worked on my ATI
card in my main laptop. The updated version of fglrx in 12.04-1 and
subsequent releases no longer supports my GPU. Consequently I've had
to switch to the FOSS radeon driver, meaning ugly blinks and bursts of
error messages on the text console changing screen mode, but it does
at least work as of 13.10. (12.10 and 13.04 were unusable.) The Unity
compositor suffers unacceptable screen corruption, though.

So if you've just had fglrx break on you since an update, I warn you,
it might not (ever) get better again... :¬(

--
Liam Proven * Profile: http://lproven.livejournal.com/profile
Email: lproven at cix.co.uk * GMail/G+/Twitter/Flickr/Facebook: lproven