Firefox problems

Colin Law clanlaw at gmail.com
Thu Dec 18 21:34:38 UTC 2014

On 18 December 2014 at 21:19, Bill Stanley <bstanle at wowway.com> wrote:
> Hi Colin,
>>
>> apt-cache policy flashplugin-installer
>
> WS=>
> ~ $ apt-cache policy flashplugin-installer
> flashplugin-installer:
>   Installed: (none)
>   Candidate: 11.2.202.394ubuntu0.13.10.1
>   Version table:
>      11.2.202.394ubuntu0.13.10.1 0
>         500 http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ saucy-updates/multiverse amd64
> Packages
>         500 http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ saucy-security/multiverse
> amd64 Packages
>      11.2.202.310ubuntu1 0
>         500 http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ saucy/multiverse amd64
> Packages
>  ~ $
>

> I think you are on to something!  I checked my plugins and I have the
> Shockwave Flash 11.2.202.356 and FF says that it was blocked because it has
> known security problems.  It also says that it should be updated.
>
> As I understand it, Adobe no longer issues updates for Linux.  If there are
> any updates how can I get them.  Note:  I am using Mint/Mate so if it is
> available in the Ubuntu repository, how do I add this repository?  If this
> is the last version (see the above paragraph)  is there any work around?

If you were using Ubuntu then I would

sudo apt-get install flashplugin-installer

However whether that is appropriate for Mint I have no idea.  Perhaps
there is a Mint list that could help.  Also I see that you are using
the Saucy repository, but Saucy is no longer supported so it may not
have the latest version of flash available anyway.  Are you using a
current version of Mint?

Colin