No space left on device

deoren ubuntu-users at whyaskwhy.org
Fri Dec 12 01:27:52 UTC 2014

On 12/11/2014 10:23 AM, R Kimber wrote:
> On Thu, 11 Dec 2014 09:56:45 -0600
> deoren wrote:
>
>> What is your output for df -i ?
>
> I've since rebooted as other apps became problematic.  Currently, the IUse%
> on root is 14%.  Most are about 1% - 5%
>
> - Richard.

Any other syslog messages stand out? Googling around points to a
possible reservation of space for root issue.

http://serverfault.com/a/93613

 > tune2fs -l /dev/sda1
 > The entry to look at is Reserved block count and multiply it by Block
size to get bytes reserved

Other posts on the http://serverfault.com/questions/93606 page reference
'message_size_limit' so that might be worth checking. I'm guessing that
it's probably not going to be your problem though.

I didn't think to ask earlier for the output from df -h. What does the
space on other volumes (such as where /tmp is mounted) look like?