14.04 - keyboard loosing configuration

Tom H tomh0665 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 6 11:33:15 UTC 2014

On Sat, Dec 6, 2014 at 5:44 AM, Colin Law <clanlaw at gmail.com> wrote:

> Ok, thanks Nils.  I suggest whichever of us sees the problem again
> first they file a bug using
>
> ubuntu-bug unity-settings-daemon
>
> Probably best to wait till the bug is 'active' as the bug report will
> then include logs that may be helpful.
>
> As a matter of interest does anyone else who is seeing the problem
> have an issue with hotkeys such as the left Windows key not bringing
> up the Dash Search?  As a permanent problem I mean, not just when the
> keyboard goes silly.
>
> Strangely, searching for unity-sessions-daemon in launchpad does not
> find any reports at all, which is a bit unusual.

I haven't been following this thread but don't you mean "unity-settings-daemon"?

In which "System Settings" app do you set this? "Text Entry"? "Language"?

When you hit this again

- run "locale" and "localectl" to check whether their output
corresponds to your settings

- check that you still have the right settings in "System Settings"

- check that gconf/dconf has the right settings; I'm not too sure how
to go about this because I haven't used gsettings for a while but
perhaps run "gsettings list-schemas" and grep for [U|u]nity or for
[C|c]anonical and then if you see a schema (scheme?) that might set
the keyboard or the locale, you can list its keys and their values
recursively. I can't remember the gsettings command for this but it'll
be in "man gsettings".

to see whether there's a disconnect somewhere.